Edge Metal Performance and Testing
A roof’s edge metal is the aesthetic feature to your building’s exterior, yet its key function is to serve as the first line of defense against wind events that can damage or destroy a roof. In today’s industry edge metal is the key component which finalize a roofs dry in, and more importantly, provides you with an approved metal that can be warrantied against wind events. In this course our objective is to cover the basics
- Types of edge metals and their function as a system
- Wind motion and forces and their effect on roofs.
- Edge metal design considerations
- ANSI-SPRI 4435 ES-1 and FM test methods
- Use the ANSI/SPRI/FM 4435/ES-1 standard
Superior productivity. Superior performance.