The OMG OlyVent is engineered to prolong the life of the roof system by reducing moisture within the roof system and trapped air pressure within the building. The one-way vent allows trapped air pressure to escape while the two-way breather, combined with the one-way vent, will help reduce moisture. Trapped air pressure and moisture can cause a reduction in thermal protection of the insulation and roof membrane system leading to roof deck damage. Available as either one-way vents or two-way breathers, the OMG OlyVent offers many unique features for better performance and design.
Features & Benefits
- The one-way OlyVent features a Duro Nitrile rubber valve, allowing trapped air pressure to escape which helps to reduce blistering of the roof system, and damage to both roof insulation and the roof structure.
- Made from heavy gauge, spun aluminum for strength and durability.
- The conical shape and wide base opening allows for greater performance than standard, cylindrical designed vents, allows for easier installation and a better performing flashing detail.
- A simple identification feature distinguishes the one-way vent from the two-way breather, allowing for roof inspections to be completed quickly and thoroughly.
- The vandal-proof cap design provides security while preventing entry of wind-blown rain or snow.
- The versatile, one-way vent and two-way breather can be used with either single ply or BUR applications.
Recommended spacing is one OlyVent or Breather every 1,000 square feet. However, final installation placement is by the recommendation of professional engineers and roof cover manufacturer as well as using a proper combination of one-way vents and breathers. Cut a 4-in. diameter opening through membrane and insulating material, remove membrane and material to vapor barrier or deck and attach vent to roof deck with appropriate fastener. Flash in accordance to roof cover manufacturer’s instructions.
As with all building materials it is the responsibility of the installer to review its usage with a design professional to confirm safety, compatibility and acceptance with the roof cover manufacturer as well as local building codes.
Base Diameter: 11-in.
Stack Diameter at Base: 5-in.
Body Thickness: .051-in. aluminum
Size: 1/2-in. diameter
Value Material: Duro Nitrile
Markings: One-way or Two-way
Thickness: .051-in. aluminum
Recommended: 1 OlyVent every 1,000 sq. ft.
|Cat. No.||Description||Packaging Quantity||Weight (lbs.)|
|OV1WAY||1 Way Vent||25||22|
|OV2Way||2 Way Breather||25||20|